Aluminum foil is not only for covering casserole pans. It can be used for other unique preparedness survival item to always have at hand.
Below you can find the many uses of Aluminum foil:
1. DIY Cooking Pans: Works best with heavy-duty aluminum foil – Fold into the shape which suits your cooking needs. Place on low heat, hot coals, etc..
2. Storing Food: Provides a barrier against light, oxygen, odors, flavors, moisture, and bacteria.
3. DIY Utensils: Shape into bowls, plates, etc..
4. Solar Oven Reflector: Use your creativity and make your own solar oven.
5. Scrubber: A little bit of crumpled aluminum foil for scrubbing pans of tough messes.
6. Bird Deterrent: Great for around gardens to scare off birds – Tear off sheets, attach to anything to catch the rippling wind.
7. Funnel: Shape it into a cone shape and start pouring…
8. Sharpen Scissors: Fold a sheet of foil several times and cut through it with a pair of dull scissors to sharpen the blades.
9. Reflect & Radiate Heat: Wrap a piece of plywood in foil and tuck it behind a radiator to reflect heat into the room.
10. Rust-free steel wool: Set your kitchen steel-wool scrubber on a piece of foil to keep rust away.
11. Shine Your Silver: Chemical reaction with the foil: Line a glass pan with foil, add several spoonfuls of baking soda and salt, fill the pan with boiling water, and drop in tarnished silver for a quick cleaning.
12. Fishing: Press some aluminum foil around a fishing hook, covering it completely, causing it to wiggle in the water.
13. Keep Stuff Dry: Wrap it tightly around things like matches, tinder, or anything you want to keep dry
14. DIY Faraday Wrap: To help protect a portable radio (or any device) from EMP. First completely wrap device in a non-conductive material (Ziploc, paper bag, etc.). Then completely wrap the now-covered radio with foil. Heavy-duty aluminum foil works better due to the ‘skin depth effect’.
15. Signal Mirror: Use the reflective properties to form into a signaling device.
Get a Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil here.